Welcome and intro


Trisori designs and produces jewellery with a view to combining some Italian chic with a London ‘edge’.
At the heart of Trisori are two resourceful and multi-cultural Italians based in London who have nurtured their creativity to craft strong statement pieces inspired by feminine elegance and playfulness.
Our collections are handmade by Italian artisans using high quality semi-precious gemstones which are set in gold-plated designs. Trisori’s uniqueness is apparent in our bold, contemporary and stylish collections which focus on complementing our Clients’ personal style and inner sparkle.

We hope you will enjoy following our blog, where we write about some of the things we like.

About Me

My photo
Trisori is a jewellery brand that combines original Italian style with a touch of "London chic". Founded by a cosmopolitan pair of Italians residing in London, Trisori have developed a flawless ability to create strong statement pieces which retain a sense of elegance and playful femininity. Using high quality semi-precious stones set in gold plated designs, Trisori's handmade pieces are bold, contemporary and stylish. Trisori are unique; they make an effort to truly understand the way in which a woman creates her own personal style and design their jewellery line to compliment just that.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Autumn/Winter Collections - If you can't beat them, join them


August is always a strange time of year for fashion – as we mortals are still clinging on to the last strands of summer, the fashion world has unhesitatingly moved onwards and upwards into autumn. And whilst summer sales make everything we want and need right now cheaper, you can’t help but notice that shops have already started to gear up for winter, altogether altering the look and feel of your entire shopping experience. Thus, we are thrust into autumn prematurely and all of a sudden I start thinking about what winter coat I’m going to buy, before I check myself and realise that the reason I came to Selfridges in the first place was to purchase some suncream. Anyone else confused.com?

Perhaps it’s time to become more forward thinking; after all, the autumn/winter collections on the runways are filled with beautiful and daring things. So, with that in mind, here is a round up of my favourite top three trends thatwill soften the blow of summer’s end.





PRINT & COLOUR
No one can beat the flair and enthusiasm of Mary Katrantzou’s unique print designs. Her clothes remind me of the film, The Sound of Music, when Maria makes all the children’s clothes out of curtain. I can only wonder what would have happened to that family if it had been Kantrantzou behind the fabric scissors – we would pay less attention to their songs, that’s for sure. Marni too has been doing some exciting things with print, but in a much more subtle and elegant way – particularly the knee length dresses. Divine.







FETISH
I am not normally turned on by statement pieces, but this fetish trend has flipped me completely, with designers such as Giles Deacon and even Ralph Lauren bringing sexy back. I am especially lusting after a Ralph Lauren black leather dress –so smooth and ever so slightly naughty.
                                                                                       








ADROGENY
In my eyes, Chanel can do no wrong. I always fall victim to the beautiful texture and patterns of it’s signature looks and then when it branches out and does something different I fall head over heals for that too. This season, Chanel’s catwalks were unquestionably in line with Coco Chanel’s much-loved androgynous look. Oversized rolled up trousers matched were teamed with the signature Chanel jacket gave the whole collection a very feminine take on the boy/girl thing. Stella McCartney also produced some fantastic ‘pant suits’; never before has it been more apt, or stylish, for a woman to wear the trousers. 



So, like with most things in life, if you can’t beat them, then you’ll have to join them. So I surrender myself to the endless new winter looks flooding the highstreets right now, and when my heart calls out for new winter boots (like those seen at Victoria Beckham’s New York show) I don’t protest, and when that winter coat comes knocking at my door (courtesy of net-a-porter; oversized Chole – I have my eye on you) I shall rejoice and not curse the winter months ahead.



www.trisori.com

No comments:

Post a Comment