Welcome and intro


Trisori designs and produces jewellery with a view to combining some Italian chic with a London ‘edge’.
At the heart of Trisori are two resourceful and multi-cultural Italians based in London who have nurtured their creativity to craft strong statement pieces inspired by feminine elegance and playfulness.
Our collections are handmade by Italian artisans using high quality semi-precious gemstones which are set in gold-plated designs. Trisori’s uniqueness is apparent in our bold, contemporary and stylish collections which focus on complementing our Clients’ personal style and inner sparkle.

We hope you will enjoy following our blog, where we write about some of the things we like.

About Me

My photo
Trisori is a jewellery brand that combines original Italian style with a touch of "London chic". Founded by a cosmopolitan pair of Italians residing in London, Trisori have developed a flawless ability to create strong statement pieces which retain a sense of elegance and playful femininity. Using high quality semi-precious stones set in gold plated designs, Trisori's handmade pieces are bold, contemporary and stylish. Trisori are unique; they make an effort to truly understand the way in which a woman creates her own personal style and design their jewellery line to compliment just that.

Sunday 23 October 2011

A New Vietnamese

As soon as I heard that there was a new vietnamese opening on Dean St around the corner from work, I was uber excited. Another place where I could fuel my addiction and try something other than my mainstay of Pho noodle soups. So I suggested trying here to one of my friends I was due to have lunch with this week.


Unfortunately his meeting had overun, so this gave me ample time to peruse the menu as well as boast to my colleauge that Jay Rayner (Observer Restaurant critic) was sitting a couple of tables down frome me. I took the time to ask the waiter his recommendations - The Chef's Vinh Beef - a five spiced rib eye charcoaled, as well as the table griddled marinated beef (for two). We tried one suggestion of his - the Cha La Lot - spicy pork wrapped in wild betel leaves fried and garnished with crispy shallots and roasted peanuts. Very tasty. It came perched atop a bed of rice noodles and what has become a rather ubiquitous dipping sauce, but this wasn't too synthetic. Great dish in theory, but in reality tough to pick up both at the same time to dip, let along fit into your mouth and not make a mess!


As my phone rang at an inopportune time and the waiter scuttled off to attend to others, I didn't have time for the blow by blow advice on the mains. There were many mouth watering options - lemongrass wok fried squid, indochine vension, wok seared rib eye beef Cognac Luc Lac Shaking Beef. But I really wanted to try the Mahi Mahi coconut fish curry, which was commended and boy was it a good choice! My friend meanwhile had the lamb curry - a predictable choice for him - but it was no way as spicy or as flavoursome as my fish dish. It is one of their classics though - the recipe is from one of the oldest mosques in Vietnam. Each dish came with a neat bundles of rice noodles - so no need for copious amounts of rice or noodles as sides. We did try have a side of spinach with garlic which comes dressed with the green stem of spring onions. Warning, don't consume if you have to meet new people, kiss anyone or go to a function afterwards though as they are generous with the garlic!


The restaurant is nicely done to accommodate different size groups with more benchy styled tables for the larger parties and neater, prettier tables for the couples, threesomes and foursomes in the more formal dining area. The place purports itself to be the style of a French Vietnamese cafe with all it's hustle and bustle (hence the Pho bar which I have to go visit with my Vietnamese colleague) reflecting the light clean flavours. I'm not sure I'd like it to be too hustly and bustly as the staff wouldn't have time to be as delightful and helpful as they were to me. I had them pack the rest of my food as my friend suddenly realised he had to rush off to a meeting and I also had to get back to work and I didn't want to forgo the rest of the fish curry. How can you leave something so good?

I can't wait to go back for Pho but this time I really will restrain myself and stop when repleat, not letting greed get the better of me!

http://www.caytresoho.co.uk/index.php

www.trisori.com

No comments:

Post a Comment